Friday, September 10, 2010

College so Far

Time sure passes by pretty quickly, this was already our third week in school! College is definitely very different from High School, here we have more freedom, but at the same time more responsibilities. We are responsible for learning some of the material by reading the lectures, knowing when the next assignment is due, when we have a quiz or a test that we have to be prepared for, as well as for having all the materials necessary. Teachers here do not provide you with scantrons or pencils, you have to go and buy them yourself.
As far as in experience, it has been alright for me, I am still trying to adjust to the change. I still miss high school because it was a little simpler and I would see my friends more often. Now, we only worry about ourselves, if we have to do homework, or running late to class. This goes back to what I was saying about responsibility, no teacher or friend will tell you what to do. It has not been bad so far, I like my classes and teachers, sure classes are bigger and there might be less interaction with some teachers, but with the groups I have created a closer environment in the class.
My goal for all my classes is to maintain more of an A average than B, definitely attend all of the classes, keep up with assignments and readings, and always try my best in everything that I do! I know there will be some but along the road, but I just have to be strong and ready for those obstacles in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment